WHERE TO MEET YOUR CHAUFFEUR
Sydney International Terminal (T1):
Chauffeur meeting point is located in the arrivals hall directly outside gates A or B (next to Travelex Currency Exchange) depending on your airline. Chauffeurs will arrive 20 minutes after actual flight landing time.
Sydney Domestic Terminal (T2):
As chauffeurs are not permitted to leave their vehicles under direction of the FAC, the Chauffeur meeting point is located on the footpath directly outside the door closest to Carousel #5. Chauffeurs will arrive 15 minutes after actual flight landing time.
Sydney Domestic Terminal (T3):
Chauffeur meeting point is at the bottom of the escalators adjacent to Carousel #5 in the Arrivals hall. Chauffeurs will arrive 15 minutes after actual flight landing time
Melbourne International Terminal 2:
Drivers will be waiting near the sign “Chauffeurs Meeting Point” which is a right turn to the Arrivals Hall if you exit from Main Door B. If you come out from Main Door A it is opposite to the exit door from customs. Drivers are not allowed to stand in the passage therefore they will wait for passenger’s at Chauffeur Meeting Area which is between Optus Shop and Villa & Hut Coffee Shop.
Melbourne Domestic Terminal 1 (Qantas Domestic):
Drivers will meet Qantas arriving passengers, after the actual flight arrival. For passengers arriving from Gate 1-13 in front of Carousal 1. For passengers arriving from Gate 14 – 26, drivers will wait in front of Carousel 3.
Melbourne Domestic Terminal 3 (Virgin Domestic):
Drivers will meet Virgin Australia passengers in front of the escalator at Terminal 3.
Domestic Terminal 4 (Tiger Airways, Jetstar & REX):
Drivers will meet passengers arriving from Tiger Airways, Jetstar and Regional Express (REX) outside the cafe just at the bottom of the escalator inside T4 Terminal.
Brisbane International Terminal :
Chauffeur meeting point is located in the arrivals hall directly in front of The Coffee Club. Chauffeurs will arrive 20 minutes after actual flight landing time.
Brisbane Domestic Terminal :
Your Chauffeur will meet passengers at the baggage Carousel ,for your particular flight. Chauffeurs will arrive 5 minutes after actual flight landing time.
Gold Coast/Coolangatta Airport- International:
Directly in front of the exit door from customs with name board.
Gold Coast/Coolangatta Airport- Domestic:
As you exit from arrivals to luggage carousel drivers wait in front of the doors with name board.
Chauffeurs will stop directly in front of the nominated address if possible. If parking restrictions apply and we are unable to stop directly in front of the address, we will stop as close as possible, or at the agreed pick up location advised at time of booking.
The first 30 minutes after a flight lands is provided complimentary. Waiting time in excess of the complimentary period is then chargeable at the hourly rate applicable to the vehicle ordered and calculated in increments of 5 minutes.
Residential / Office / Hotel Pick Ups:
A 5 minute grace period is provided from the arranged pick up time to allow time to enter the vehicle. If this grace period is exceeded, waiting time is then calculated retrospective to the original booked time in increments of 5 minutes at the hourly rate appropriate to the vehicle.
Any Reservations cancelled within 2.5 hrs of the booked commencement time will attract full charge of the booked fare,
Any bookings confirmed that are based outside of Australia (Internationally) requires 48 hours notification of cancellation
Out of area & Mini Coach Reservations:
Reservations that at any time leave Sydney/Brisbane/Gold Coast or Melbourne Metro Areas and all vehicles 12 seats and upwards including driver have the following cancellation polices.
– Reservations cancelled 48 Hrs prior to the booked commencement of the reservation will attract no charge,
– Reservations cancelled within 48 – 12 Hrs prior to commencement of the reservation will attract 50% charge.
– Reservations cancelled within 12 hrs prior to commencement of the reservation will attract 100% charge.
– Reservations with a duration of more than 3 consecutive booked days require 5 or more days for cancellation notice, reservation cancelled within 5 days of the commencement of the reservation will attract full charge for the first 3 days of the reservation per vehicle.
Child Restraints (applicable to NSW only)
Under NSW Road and Maritime Authority (RMS) regulation, child restraints is required to be fitted when carrying young children for vehicle less than 12 seats. Any vehicles larger than 12 Seats are not obligated to put children in the child restraints seat. Astra Chauffeur Drive may be able to provide child restraints if the prior arrangement is made at the time of booking at surcharge of $16.50 per child restraint.
Selecting this category, you will receive any vehicle from standard luxury sedan, SUV up to and including luxury 7 seat people mover.
Standard luxury Sedan:
Selecting this category, you will receive any vehicle from standard luxury sedan and or luxury SUV.
Premium Luxury Sedan:
Selecting this category, you will receive vehicle that is a long wheel base premium European sedan.
7 Seat People Mover:
Selecting this category, you will receive any vehicle from a luxury 7 seater and or a luxury 10 seater.
10 Seat Mini Bus:
Selecting this category, you will receive any vehicle with a minimum of 10 adult seats.
Requesting specific vehicles:
Requesting a particular vehicle type Astra will endeavour to supply the requested vehicle, in the event of break down or accident the next best vehicle will be sent.
If at any time you are unable to locate your chauffeur, please call our office on 13 21 21 (Int: +61 2 9537 7777). Our staff will contact the chauffeur and connect you with them. Full charges, including applicable waiting time, will apply in all cases where passengers leave the appointed pick up location without contacting our office.
Phone: 13 21 21 / Int: +61 2 9537 7777
100% Surcharge applies to all reservations on public holidays and New Year’s Eve.
** Extended General Terms & Conditions below.
General Terms & Conditions
In these Terms and Conditions (Terms):
We, Us and Astra mean Astra Chauffeur Drive.
Client, You and Your mean the individual/s, company or other entity making a reservation, and/or any representative or guest thereof.
These Terms apply to all orders unless otherwise approved by us (such approval not to be unreasonably withheld). Any departure from and/or variation to these Terms stipulated in the order, must be approved in writing by us in order to be binding on us. The order is considered as final only after our acknowledgment of the order.
- Subject and Limit of the Offer
These Terms apply exclusively to the supply of services specified herein and are not binding for additional services. The Client will in no case be allowed to put forward standards, specifications, statutes, rules and uses not duly accepted by us.
Unless otherwise specified, our offer to supply services is open for acceptance within 21 days from the date at which it is established. After this date the offer is no longer capable of being accepted by you.
- Charges start from when the vehicle leaves our base in the applicable state / territory and finish at the time of the vehicle’s arrival back at the same location.
- All bookings are subject to availability at the time of reservation. For operational reasons we reserve the right to substitute vehicles of similar category or capacity, if necessary without notice.
- Astra Chauffeur Drive has the right to cancel bookings, amend fares, itineraries, days and times of operation of services offered upon reasonable notice to the extent possible and otherwise as soon as is reasonably practicable (except in an emergency). The Client is responsible for confirming availability.
- Booking costs do not include tolls, waiting time, meals, entrance fees, mobile phone usage, Airport Ground Service Charges, accommodation, venue costs or other incidentals unless specified. If specified, these will be added to the booking costs where applicable. Surcharges may apply to special events and public holidays. Between 12:00 midnight and 05:00 am an after-hours surcharge of 33% applies to all booking costs.
- No refund will be made after the vehicle is dispatched from its base. A non-negotiable cancellation fee applicable to the requested service will apply for all cancellations.
- Payment of booking costs are on account (where an account has been established with us), in advance, by cash or by approved credit card.
- Accounts are strictly thirty (30) days, payable within seven (15) days of receipt. If these terms are not complied with Astra Chauffeur Drive reserves the right to charge all outstanding amounts owed to the nominated credit card supplied.
- Except where we operate as the carrier or service supplier, Astra Chauffeur Drive acts only as agent for persons providing the services such as hotels, airlines, charter vessels, air charter or venues etc. Except to the extent of any wilful, unlawful or negligent act or omission of Astra, we accept no responsibility whatsoever in relation to the provision or failure to provide those services.
- Astra Chauffeur Drive will not be liable, whether in tort, in contract or otherwise for any accident, delay, injury, irregularity, loss or damage to persons or property of any kind whatsoever and howsoever arising, caused or included during, or in relation to the carriage of any passenger or provision of services, except to the extent that any wilful, unlawful or negligent act or omission of Astra Chauffeur Drive caused or contributed to the accident, delay, injury, irregularity, loss or damage to persons or property.
- The above provision shall be read subject to any implied terms, conditions or warranties imposed by the Australian Consumer Law or any other Commonwealth or State legislation in so far as such may be applicable and prevent either expressly or by implication the exclusion or modification of any such term, condition or warranty.
- All prices and conditions specified or described on the Astra Chauffeur Drive website or other publications and on the application form are subject to change at any time without notice.
- Wedding & Special Event Reservation
A non-refundable deposit of 50% of the total amount payable for each booking is required unless prior credit arrangements have been made. Your reservation is regarded as confirmed once we receive your deposit. The balance owing is due and payable 14 days prior to the date of your event.
Credit card details are required for all reservations and held as security against waiting time, cancellation, no-show and vehicle damage etc. You will be notified of any additional payment which may become due.
Cash payments will only be accepted prior to the hiring and EFT must show as clear funds in our account 14 days prior before travel.
Cancellation – General & Weddings / Special Events
Your deposit is NOT refundable if your booking is cancelled once deposit has been received. The total confirmed fee may be charged if the reservation is cancelled within 14 days of the booked date.
Cancellations MUST be made in writing (email or letter) by quoting your booking reference number at least 14 days prior to the booked date.
Any bookings confirmed that are based outside of Australia (Internationally) require 48 hours notification of cancellation.
Once confirmed, your reservation price will not change unless you change the details of your booking or extend your time/s. Should you need to modify transport times, routes or dates, please advise us in writing. Every effort will be made to accommodate your request but we cannot guarantee to be able to do so.
Chauffeurs DO NOT have the authority to alter the booked times, pick up or destination addresses or routes without the prior consent of our office.
To ensure the dependability of our service, it is necessary to reserve and dispatch a specific car and chauffeur to meet each Client. It is therefore necessary to charge for the service (as a hotel must charge for a guaranteed room) in the event the passenger is a “no show”.
You can avoid the “no show” charge by giving us a call before the chauffeur is dispatched. International (outside of Australia) bookings require 48 hours’ notice prior to the booked time. A “no-show” will be charged the total amount of the confirmed fee if you do not “present” at the nominated time and place.
We will always endeavor to accommodate Clients who require excess time with our vehicles. Within reason and where possible, the vehicle will be made available to you for as long as possible after the specified period of your reservation.
Any waiting/over time will be charged in 5-minute increments at the appropriate rate for the vehicle nominated.
We will make every effort to arrive at your collection and destination locations on time. However, occasionally allowances must be made for unforeseen circumstances such as traffic, road and weather conditions, illness, vehicle breakdown etc.
We cannot assume responsibility for circumstances beyond our control. Should there be a vehicle breakdown or mishap rendering the reserved vehicle out of service, we reserve the right to substitute a vehicle/vehicles. We will make every effort to supply an alternate vehicle and advise you prior to pick up.
Should we be unable to provide an alternate vehicle, a pro-rata refund may be paid. No guarantee can be made that we will supply an identical vehicle.
Our Insurance policies cover our passengers whilst inside our vehicle/s and en route only.
Vehicle Damage & Bad Behaviour
All vehicles are fitted with security cameras. If you or any person forming part of your party damages or soils our vehicle interior or exterior, including all fittings and fixtures, you will be liable for all costs incurred to rectify the damage caused. If you or any person forming part of your party causes damage or behaves in a manner deemed unsafe or you or any person forming part of your party is considered intoxicated, before, after or whilst en route, we reserve the right to abort travel, evict you from the vehicle and terminate your reservation.
No refund will apply in these circumstances. A police report & security footage may be submitted if necessary.
Seatbelts are fitted to all our vehicles and must be used by all passengers whilst the vehicle is in motion. Child restraints/booster seats must be used according to RMS and/or applicable State or Territory authority guidelines. Use of the safety devices correctly will be the sole responsibility of the passengers or passengers guardian/parent and/or the person or entity confirming the booking or shown on our invoice.
Vehicle Restrictions & Road Rules
There may be instances where vehicles are unable to be negotiated over speed humps, through turns, driveways, road closures etc., rendering some locations inaccessible. In this case, we will endeavour to collect/deliver passengers at the closest possible point we can.
Should the chauffeur deem any location or situation unsuitable for the vehicle, an alternative will be sought and used or termination of travel will occur if necessary – the chauffeur’s decision will be final and no refund will be paid. Chauffeurs will adhere stringently to all legal road rules at all times. All chauffeurs will plot his/her own travel route/s.
Credit Cards/ Charge Cards
Credit card details are required for all reservations and held as security against deposits, waiting time, cancellation, no-show and vehicle damage etc. You will be notified of any additional payment which may become due.
Paying by a credit or charge card may incur a merchant fee of up to 3.5% of your total invoice. This fee will be added to your invoice and will be advised at the time of booking.
Smoking & Illegal Substances/Materials
For safety reasons, luggage and/ or containers, surfboards, skis or items of a large nature or flammable fluids or items may not be placed within the passenger cabin at any time. The chauffeur has sole discretion to terminate a hiring at any time.
Government legislation strictly prohibits smoking and any illegal materials and substances in all licensed public passenger vehicles.
Alcoholic beverages may not be consumed in the vehicle anytime. Complimentary alcohol supplied by us will only be served once the vehicle has stopped. All alcohol consumption is your responsibility and at your own risk and you alone shall assume full liability.
No food of any description is to be consumed inside our vehicles anytime. If included in your package, chauffeurs will serve any food once the vehicle has stopped.
During peak times or on other occasions, we may use the services of other limousine companies. Although other companies will remain under our supervision, they will be governed by their own operational guidelines and operate at all times under their own insurance policies.
In some locations gratuities and/or tipping are part of the general lifestyle and form part of the worker’s wage. In these areas a gratuity is automatically added to the amount payable and can be between 10 and up to 20% of the bill. In all other locations, gratuities/ service charges may be included in the cost of the hiring or given voluntary for services rendered.
All photos/images, artwork and logos displayed throughout this website are the exclusive property of Astra Chauffeur Drive and/or its associated companies. All photos are of our vehicles and may not be reproduced in any form without prior, express written permission. All graphic and text content is protected by Australian copyright law
Any links to or advertisements on third party websites are not under our control. Please take note of their terms and conditions and privacy statement. We do not take responsibility for the content on third party sites or their policies. Permission is granted to link directly to our website.
We may be obliged to surrender your personal data to regulatory authorities and law enforcement officials in accordance with applicable law. Personal information may be disclosed to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering with our rights or property.
Children Under 16
We do not gather personal information from children. Website visitors 16 years of age and under are required to have adult permission before submitting any personal information to us and/or our website.